Thursday, December 23, 2010

In Memory of Yai-Yai






I just wanted to thank my friends, family and husband for all of their thoughts and prayers during a tough time in our lives.
Last week, we lost a very important person, our Yai-Yai. For those of you that don't know, that's Greek for grandmother. Although she lived in Greece and we didn't get to see her as often as we'd like, I do have the best memories traveling to Greece with my family and visiting her and Pa-pou (grandfather). They always treated us so kind when we visited as young children all the way up to our adult hood. And I am honored to be named after my Yai-yai Maria. 

At 86 years old she traveled all the way from Greece to attend my husband and I's wedding, giving us the most beautiful cross necklaces. I thought I'd share some of the precious floral arrangements from all of the special people I'm so lucky to have in my life. 

Also, this painting was done by none other than my talented husband, Bubba in memory of Yai-yai. This picture resembles her so much that it's almost like looking right at her! Although we could not attend her funeral service, we had our own special memorial for her and it wouldn't have been possible with out all of you, so thank you.

Love you all,

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment