Friday, January 4, 2013

The world is your canvas-paint it!



Some memories were made in the Sorensen household this morning. I would just like to say once again how incredibly blessed I feel to be able to work from home and not miss these moments! Although on the very busy days it can be quite stressful juggling parenthood and running our business(es)...it's all worth it.

Moving on, Miss Indie completed her first artwork masterpiece today! While Ray and I were both getting ready for the day, I realized Indie was quiet...like super quiet. While I think most parents would agree when you catch yourself hearing complete silence, you think ahh that's nice a moment to think, but then your brain quickly snaps into "oh my gosh!" mode. Quiet doesn't usually equal good things...we all know this.

I came around the corner to find Indie drawing on the wall. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about boundaries but how do you discipline a child for doing something she literally sees her father doing every day? You don't, well at least we don't. I grabbed the camera, yelled for Ray and I think he was pretty proud. I guess you could say that considering he drew "Indie's Art" next to her scribbling.

She seemed to really enjoy herself and stay at it for a good amount of time-which never really happens either. Not sure if she is going to be into art, bowling, swimming, softball or whatever, but I do know I'll try to capture her life in photographs.

Luckily the crayon she found was her washable one from the bathtub. But Ray did suggest we make that wall her canvas and invest in some more washable markers, even frame it in. I think it's inspiring to see her little creations on the wall (just this one wall of course). It's far better than anything I could buy at the store.

I hope you're all capturing these precious moments of your little ones as well. Isn't that what life is all about-the little things? :) Here are a few pictures from today's event:








No comments:

Post a Comment