Monday, May 21, 2012

We're still here!

Wow-have I been bad at keeping up. It's been so long that Blogger's set up has even changed-I'm a little lost! I'm sorry for the delayed update...but I've been so busy with motherhood (and rightfully so)...so maybe I'm not that sorry. I don't want to miss any moments!

I'm writing as I work, which is usually always at night when everyone else is asleep. I find that's when I work best. Indie's naps are more reserved for house work and other personal duties. But when she's up-it's on...she is one active baby-and we love it!

Since being at the Rock lately, I've had lots of visitors tell me how they loved staying updated via the blog-so tonight I thought I'd jump back in the swing of things!

What we've been up to: Well The Freedom Rock of course! "Rock season" is in full effect and Memorial Day is just around the corner. Bubba has spent lots of days and nights out at the Rock, trying to finish up for the big day. And me, well let's just say during this month the emails, phone calls and mail is enough to keep anyone busy-let alone a new mommy! We also just finished up dance/first communion/SWCC graduation pictures which are always a challenge to get done before Memorial Day. I definitely didn't book any weddings or big shoots this month (besides those three...^). I promised Bubba I would never book another wedding during May again...unlike our first year in business when I booked two!

A few changes: I've also had visitors asking about the studio and yes I know it's a big change for us too! But since becoming new parents, we weren't ready to do the day care thing just yet. So I work from home and run the studio by appointment. This, of course led me into specializing in wedding/engagement/event photography. You'll have to check out the website and take a look around, we've made some changes and it should give you a pretty good idea of our services. Bubba of course is still specializing in mural painting, however his big change is only mural painting. He no longer is booking small canvas paintings or other artwork. And eh em, may I add has already booked three large murals for this summer! He has also taken a part time position at our local Fitness Center; he enjoys the change of work and probably a break from painting all day in the sun!

So there you have it-a little update. This "Rock Season" has been especially fun introducing Indie into. Today was her first big day of Freedom Rock events like Iowa Thunder, The National Veterans Awareness Ride and media interviews. I'd say overall she did pretty well-but boy was she tired! Lots of visitors wanted her picture today-move over daddy! :)

I would also just like to mention how honored I was to once again write the veteran stories in the new 2013 Freedom Rock calendar. I don't know if it was my new mommy hormones but there were definitely some late teary eyed nights as I read the letters from our nominators! Thank you all again who participated-I can't wait for you to see the new calendar and our featured veterans.

Tomorrow we've got a big day... American Profile is stopping by to do a piece on The Freedom Rock and Bubba. We couldn't be more excited to have them! They are a weekly national magazine that is delivered to more than 10 million readers each week. We hope their story will inspire others to remember what Memorial Day is all about and to honor our fallen heroes.

Maria on dance photography shoot.

Bubba being interviewed at The Freedom Rock.

Well, I sure will try my hardest to stick to it! To stay updated on The Freedom Rock, feel free to visit the Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/TheFreedomRock

Don't be shy-call or email me at the studio with any questions/inquiries: 641.343.7110 | sorensenstudios@yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment